We are located in the Buffalo Shopping Center in Buffalo, Tx. Open Tuesday-Saturday 10-5 (903)322-1973 Call or stop by today!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Technique Tuesday {01.25.2011}

For this week's technique, we are going to play with
Tattered Angle's Glimmer Mist!
{WARNING:THIS PRODUCT CAN BE VERY ADDICTING!!!}
One of the things I love so much about Glimmer Mist, is it's versatility. It can truly take your projects from drab to WOW! You can use it on paper, flowers, chipboard, grunge board, you name it! Use a little bit to make a subtle change or use the heck out of it to totally change the color of an embellishment!
The possibilities are endless!
Today, I will be demonstrating how to add a design to your paper by misting.
First step- choose your pattern!
With Glimmer Mist, you can use a stencil like the Tattered Angel's Glimmer Screens that we carry in the store, any chipboard shapes, or even cut cardstock from a die to create your own "mask". This is what I chose to do for the top part of my design. I cut my cardstock using Tim Holtz- Alterations
"Elegant Flourish" Die {By the way, we have a huge selection of Tim's new dies in the store! {wink!wink!}
Simply lay your design piece on your page wherever you choose and mist {don't forget to protect your area!! I BELIEVE in the Splat Mat!!}lol
Here is my result:
For the bottom part of my design, I chose to use a Glimmer Screen:
Here is the result:
Now it's time to build your page!
I added Prima swirls and flowers over my Glimmer Mist design.
If you look closely, you can even see that I misted my flowers, as well!
And here is my finished page! Yep! Same page that we used for last week's Technique Tuesday! I love piling on the goodies and techniques on my page- I'm a "more is more" kinda girl!lol
This Week's Technique Tuesday Sale:
 Glimmer Mist {regularly $6.99} $5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment