We are located in the Buffalo Shopping Center in Buffalo, Tx. Open Tuesday-Saturday 10-5 (903)322-1973 Call or stop by today!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Technique Tuesday {01.19.11}

Happy Technique Tuesday Scrappers! Today I want to share a really cool technique with you! If you love all things vintage & shabby chic like me, then you will want to try this technique on lots of your projects!
Today's Technique is all about distressing. Turning a new embellishment into something that looks old and worn.
These are the products I will be using for this technique and all of them will be 25% in the store off all week!

-Crackle Accents
-Tim Holtz Ink Applicator
-Applicator Felt (refills)
-Colorbox Fluid Chalks & Inks











To begin this technique, you will need any "title", tag or paper embellishment of your choice. {I used a "sisters" title from MME Lost & Found- Madison Avenue line.}
Begin by applying a thick, even coat of Crackle Accents to your embellishment. {The thicker your coat, the deeper the cracks you will get}
Next, allow the Crackle Accents to dry COMPLETELY. {To speed up the process, you can use your heat tool if you'd like.}

Take your Ink Applicator and dab a generous amount of ink on to the felt. Rub the ink in to the crackles that have formed and then using the clean side of your felt, wipe off the excess ink. This is the result you'll get:

Here's how I used my title on a page:
Don't forget to stop by the store this week and take advantage of 25% of this week's Technique Tuesday products!! Have a blessed week!
~Amy

3 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous, Amy. I have a bottle of crackle and have not used it yet. This is motivation to crack it open and use it on something. Thanks for the tutorial that makes it look easy!

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Amy! I love it!! I love crackle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to try this. I might try it with other colors to make stuff match the papers I am working with. Going to try BLUE!

    ReplyDelete