We are located in the Buffalo Shopping Center in Buffalo, Tx. Open Tuesday-Saturday 10-5 (903)322-1973 Call or stop by today!

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Technique Tuesday {05.10.11}

For today's Technique Tuesday, I wanted to share with you a really fun product we carry in the store- BURLAP!

There are so many fun products that you can use on your scrapbook pages and products that you would not normally think to use and BURLAP is one of my favorites!

Burlap is a very versatile material. You can use it in strips across your page like this:


The page above is a "country" type page, so naturally, burlap works perfectly!
But don't think you have to be bound to only using burlap on rustic-type pages, it's also a beautiful addition to an elegant page:


I mixed elegant paper & embellishments with the burlap to give my page a "natural" look!
I added burlap behind my title:


I also added tiny squares of burlap behind circle butterfly stickers:


For my burlap flower, I simply cut the burlap into strips forming loops and "tails" and then placed my silk and crochet flower on top:
There are tons of fun ways that you can use burlap on your pages!
Cut it into circles of various sizes, stack and add a button in the middle to make a lollipop flower!
Cut small circles and use as flower centers!
Cut a 12x12 piece and use as the background on your page!
Burlap also makes great "sand" for Beach pages!
Get creative and see what ways you can come up with!
At Photolicious, we sell burlap in 18"x24" rolls:
They retail for $2.49, but this week they are on sale for only:

$1.99

So stop by this week a grab a roll and let the fun begin!!!




































1 comment:

  1. love that I found your store and your blog! Itching to make a trip over from Elkhart!

    ReplyDelete